Thursday 1 October 2015

Maslow's hierarchy of needs

Before focusing on my specific target audience I thought it was important to consider what groups are available and why people buy magazines.

My music magazine will be published in the UK, therefore I must consider the views of people in a western culture.

Being a western culture means that my target audience will be attracted by specific things such as technology or a modern design. This can be explained by referring to Maslow's hierarchy of needs.



In 1943 Maslow stated that people were motivated to achieve certain needs. He put his ideas into a hierarchy (as seen above) and said that once one was achieved a person would then aspire to fulfil the next.

In a westernised culture it is more likely that the basic needs have been fulfilled and therefore people aim for those at the top of the triangle. This therefore means that people purchase magazines in an attempt to realise self-actualisation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This blog will consist of my Alevel media pieces.