Thursday 17 September 2015

Fonts

There are 3 main fonts that are used in publishing. 

1) Serif 

This is writing with "little feet" and is seen as a traditional font. This font is usually used in newspapers as they are older than magazines and therefore have maintained there traditional house style. 

2) Sans Serif 

This font is considered more modern than serif. Sans serif is usually more 'blocky' and simpler than both serif and handwriting fonts. 

3) Handwriting 

This font is made to look like written work. Handwriting creates a personal feel to the text and is often used in the 'letters from the editor' to bring personality to the magazine. Handwriting can also make the reader feel more involved with the magazine as they associate it with a 'family'. 


I am currently considering sans serif and handwriting fonts for my magazine. By using sans serif on the front cover I will hopefully bring a fresh and modern feel to my magazine and create consistency when I use a smiler font throughout. If appropriate, I plan to use handwriting font throughout the contents of my magazine in order to create a personal feel and therefore emphasise a connection between the magazine and the reader. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This blog will consist of my Alevel media pieces.